Human stories When refugees become volunteers of the Red Cross - 91 Vital

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday 14 October 2017

Human stories When refugees become volunteers of the Red Cross

Haldd, Farhad and Sanger are refugees from Syria and volunteers of the Greek Red Cross.

As they say: "The Red Cross has supported us and helped us a lot. Now, we can help other people in our community, so we all together live better. "

A few days ago, 30 refugees and immigrants completed the high-speed training program for volunteers of the Greek Red Cross, which took place at the Refugee and Immigrant Hospitality Center in Ritsona. Hald is one of the young volunteers. "We learned a lot of things we did not know, and especially the ways we can support people in our own community. What is very important is cleanliness. We need to keep our environment clean so people do not get sick and teach young children to do the same. For this reason, children are involved in cleaning activities. Seeing their example will be followed by other peers, but also the larger ones. Learning to take care of the living environment will also learn to take care of their personal hygiene. Previously, children used to play in rubbish and they were sick very often. Now that's not what happens and they get sicker much less, "he says.

 26-year-old Farah has studied nursery and has lived in Ritsona for nine months with his wife and two-month-old daughter. "We will call it Milan which in our tongue will tell the one he gives to others. We need to help the people of the Red Cross, as they help us too. I wanted to take advantage of my free time and for this I became a volunteer of the Greek Red Cross. Before, all day I sat in the container without doing anything. Now I feel useful. I help in the distribution of hygiene, the information on the necessary vaccinations, the construction and everything else needed in the hospitality center, "says the young Syrian.

Sanger lives in Ritsona along with his wife, tries to learn Greek, and has been waiting for months to hear the authorities' response to the asylum application. In his country he did various professions, such as electrician and plumber. "I became a volunteer because I like to help others. Anyway, the same I did before. It is important for the community to be volunteer refugees and immigrants themselves. Whatever they need, whatever they are, I'm here to help them, as I can. I wish others to do the same. The Red Cross supports all people in need. I want to do the same myself. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

lt;!---->